Flip-through My Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2008

weekend pain

The weekend is here... yayyyy... I'm waiting for the water to heat up in the shower, sipping strong steaming hot coffee, and with NOTHING to do for the next two days except watching a long-overdue film (fashion... just to feel great about NOT being a model) with my favourite people in the world, and getting two of them inked on Sunday afternoon... :P... and while they're in spasms of pain for body-beautiful, I'll slip out and save myself (and them) the panic and misery of my fainting at seeing syringes cut in and out of skin... the last time I actually SAW a syringe do that was in 8th grade, and I wanted to know my blood type (just for kicks... I'm a universal recipient by the way, talk about freeloading!)... my cousin was delegated the task of letting me know when I can turn back and check out my forearm after the whole nerve-wracking process is over... highly amused, he told me to look 5 seconds too early... syringe stuck in my forearm, cutting through my skin, standing upright perpendicular to my arm while the doctor was looking for cotton on his worktable... was devastated and when we walked out a few minutes later, the image swirled around in my mind, arm-syringe-perpendicular-piercing my skin-veins-blood-arm-syringe-piercing-slicing-cutting... it wasn't the pain so much as the image... it spun around at 10K rpm in my mind until the hospital gate was a distant blur, my cousin's voice faded into the clinical background, buzzing somewhere too far for me to decipher... and I fell...

Tattoo parlours, piercing studios, hospitals are my perpetual nightmares... my strange phobia has been with me ever since 3rd grade, when my mom was teaching me about the cardiovascular system (heart pumps blood, there are 4 ventricles, aorta, arteries, the works!) and I started hyperventilating, knees went weak, eyes went blurry...so I'm going to have quite an eventful Sunday :)

(ironic how all this freaks me out so much yet I got my eyebrow pierced in college... maybe I can justify that by saying, I never really HAD to look at the needle there since it was right above my eye!!!!)

No comments: