Flip-through My Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sex, the City and Disconnected Thoughts- part I

Just watched Sex and the City (the movie... not the series!)... yes, two years too late since I don't believe in indulging in movies/books etc. until the hype dies down. I feel that's the best way one can judge them impartially... (strange, I've used the words judge and impartial in a sentence which revolves around forming one's opinion, a highly subjective, personal exercise in itself... but then, contradictions have ALWAYS been my forte!)

Anyways, getting right back on track, I watched the movie on my laptop while munching on dinner... the whole film is centred around two things (and this has been accurately mentioned in the intro to the movie)- labels and love (in no particular order)... have quite a few unrelated thoughts floating in my mind post-watching this film...

~ I DO like designer labels... it makes me wonder how people can aspire to spend my annual CTC worth of moolah on a pair of manolo blahniks or an isaac mizrahi outfit... what if someone were to gift either one of those to me... I would be sleepless for months just wondering how best to showcase the sacred piece of art on myself, plus NOTHING I own currently would "work it"... this is probably why I heart my levi's and my big floppy benetton sweatshirt more than a pair of jimmy choos I saw online! It's highly intimidating to know 97.915% of your wardrobe feels ignored due to the remaining (100-97.915%... you do the math)!

~ I DO like chic flicks... like every other girl who's honest enough to admit this! I LIKE the weepy background score during heartbreak, I smile when the female protagonist gets her miraculous makeover and I absorb what the vamp/bitch is wearing and how her hair looks throughout the running of the movie

~ I DO believe I'm a romantic... yes indeed... here I am, shamelessly admitting it on the world wide web. I pride myself in logical-balanced-kinda-behaviour. Yes, I've had countless impulsive moments (hello, logical does NOT equal boring!). At the same time, I turn stoic at public proclamations of love and affection. The insecurity of failure hampers me from diving right into the exciting, careless tambourine of mad-love... I try each day to shake the inhibitions off and get a little bit more open to the possibility of long-term love... the OTHER "F" word that will connect two people with eternal bond... the forever...

No comments: